Everything you need to know to GET STARTED with our paper version. SUBSCRIBE below for our welcome email which inculudes the FREE PAPER version package for download.
1. COMMUNICATE YOUR FAMILY VALUES
What are your own family values? e.g. Be Kind, Respectful, Stay Positive etc.
2. CREATE & COMMUNICATE YOUR FAMILY EXPECTATIONS
Highlight from our template or customize with your own Expectations/Rules. These are expectations your family must follow at all times (these are the ones that can get you FIRED!)
3. EXPLORE & COMMUNICATE POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES
- Obtain input from your Kids about the type of consequences they’d expect for not following the Family Expectations.
- Consider consequences that are realistic, manageable and that you as a parent can stick to.
- Decide on the consequences of being FIRED! Examples:
- No TV
- No Internet for the day
- No playing with friends
4. COMMUNICATE THE “NOT FIRED BONUS"
- Customize Kids Kash amount to suit your Family (we used $20.00 in our home).
- A $20.00 Bonus is held at the beginning of the month for each Kid, encouraging them to stay NOT FIRED.
- If your Kid is FIRED, then the $20.00 Bonus is taken away and not paid out on pay day.
5. DEFINE & COMMUNICATE THE FAMILY “TEAMWORK BONUS”
At the end of the month if ALL Kids stay NOT FIRED then...
- $5.00 Bonus awarded to Each Kid.
- Family Experience for the whole team. ie. Laser Tag, Home Movie Night, The Zoo.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE FIRED?
HIRING your kids is easy. Customize/print off our template to Post Jobs for HIRE!
1. CREATE & COMMUNICATE THE JOB POSTINGS (CHORES FOR HIRE)
- Highlight from our Template or customize with your own.
- Decide if any should instead be part of the everyday must-do basic contribution chores (Non-Payable). Move these to the Expectations/You’re Fired template.
- Customize Kids Kash amount to suit your Family.
- Parent(s) Initial each time job is complete.
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH
COMMUNICATE EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH & HFK CONTEST CRITERIA
Parent(s) chooses Employee Of The Month and considers:
- FAMILY VALUES – who was best at family values ie, helpful, kind, respectful, etc.
- FIRED – who was NOT FIRED or had least amount of X’s.
- TEAMWORK – who was helping or encouraging others to stay NOT FIRED.
- HIRED – who participated the most, applied for most jobs.
Your Own EOTM receives:
- Special Reward for the WHOLE MONTH. Kid to choose with parent(s) approval. ie. favourite seat in the car for the whole month.
- Submission to our HFK EOTM contest.
HFK EOTM Contest:
Parent(s) submit Kid to our contest for a chance to win prizes and extra recognition.
o Minimum 5 chores applied for.
o Must stay HIRED.
o Overall values, participation, effort and teamwork.
WHAT IS KIDS KASH?
- Kids Kash can represent real dollars or can be added up to represent special rewards or experiences for your Kids.
- e.g. $15 Kids Kash = sleepover at a friends.
- Kids Kash values can be customized to suit your family needs or values.
Take a look at our suggested Kids Kash payout but feel free to establish your own for what works in your Family.
Basic Contribution CHORES (non-payable)
Often there are chores your family has as basic contributions to your home like making the bed or putting dirty clothes in hamper. Kids are not paid for these chores.
Make these part of your Expectations / You're Fired template instead. This will ensure those everyday expected chores actually get done.
RECOMMENDED: PROBATIONARY PERIOD
Take the time and invest in teaching your Kids. Everyone will need some practice to adjust, so we highly recommend a probationary period to set you all up for success!
RECOMMENDED: PHOTO EVIDENCE
While the Kids are getting used to things, it's helpful to snap photo evidence of something you come across that is "X worthy". Show them or text it to them as a friendly hint and watch how fast they take action to resolve!
RECOMMENDED: TEAM MEETINGS
Host an initial Pre-Launch Team Meeting to communicate the game and Kids Kash payouts chosen.
Have the Kids participate in setting Jobs and Expectations.
Throughout the month take photo evidence to show where improvements can be made.
Host a Pay Day Team Meeting every month. Make it fun with snacks, prizes, cash on hand, order in, or even dress up!
Strengths and Opportunities that month
Focus items for new month
Set consequences/rewards for new month
Announce the EOTM